Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top 13 songs for 2013

I am late to the top list of whatever for last year. But whatever. These are my favorite songs for 2013. Some of them are very obnoxious, some of them are lovely. Some are not even from 2013.

Immigrant Song - Karen O. It's from Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, my obsession at the dawn of the year.
Royals - Lorde & Thrift Shop  - Macklemore.  Two fabulously catchy and empowering songs that make one feel OK with being broke.
Up All Night - Daft Punk
Harlem Shake. So obnoxious. Not really from Harlem, mostly just gyrating.
What Does the Fox Say - Ylvis. God Help me get out of my head. Brilliant.
Hold On - Alabama Shakes. Brittany Howard's voice slays me.
Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor - Flight of the Conchords. Hysterical, genius rhyming.
Subhuman Woman - Devo. It's an old B-side. I like to pretend I am an alien cyborg woman running uphill in my armor.
Skokiaan - Louis Armstrong. Always a happy fav. Just can't be sad when I hear it.
Roar - Katy Perry. I know. I know. But I can't resist a song that sends a positive message to young women.
Rapper's Delight - Sugar Hill Gang. Sandra Bullock brought this one back. Always classic happy hip hop.
Stairway to Heaven Led Zep Live version '07. Because of this guy: Jeroen Offerman



No comments:

Post a Comment