Friday, November 15, 2013

Cake!

The other day while visiting my in-laws, I noticed LittleBoy scrabbling around on a shelf behind the couch. Now, I should know better at this point that when he is quietly occupied with something, it usually means trouble and should be investigated. However, I was otherwise occupied myself by other family members and so relished this brief interlude of calm in order to have a delightful adult conversation.   

LittleBoy appeared before me with his fingers covered in some vanilla-sweet- smelling gooey substance:





He was smiling wildly. I asked, "What did you find behind the couch?!?"

His happy reply, "CAKE!"




Me: Silence, shock, bewilderment.  Cake? Behind the couch? Horror of horrors.

After a quick reconnaissance mission I realized he had dug into a mushy scented candle. 

Yuck. 

I emphasized that this was a candle and therefore not edible. 
(read: DON"T EAT THAT!)
He hadn't really ingested any, but had a grand time smearing the gooey wax around and licking it. The candle was not burning, the wax was not melted, it was simply a particularly soft candle. 

Damage was done. He now believes there is a secret cache of cake behind the couch every time we go there. 

LittleBoy: Cake? Cake? Where are you?

1 comment: