Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Frenchy Mani C'est La Vie Amelie KidzSleepinintheCar

So I touched up my French manicure with whiteout today. So what? Tacky and horrible, yes. Here's a good way to ruin a mani - chop a few pounds of veggies for an hour or so, make soup and pie from scratch, do the dishes a few times, put the kids in and out of the car a few times, et viola! Chipped. I know, a completely frivolous and impractical thing to have at this juncture in life. But sometimes you just have to do something fun for yourself. This is the second one I've ever had, the first being this summer on Project Runway where I discovered an affinity for them. I have historically been too messy making art, playing guitars, working on projects to have it done. 

I haven't written anything about running lately because I Haven't Been Running. (Insert Tears of Frustration Here)  I have a foot injury. I believe it is Plantar Fasciitis. It is lame. Ha! No pun intended. Well, I'm off it for a bit, icing it and resting. No walks. No runs. No fun. No cuts no buts no coconuts. R.I.C.E.  rest.ice.compress.elevate. For a few more days at least, which is why yesterday this happened:


This is the image in my rearview mirror of two quickly scribbled sleeping children. They screamed all day and afternoon. God knows why. Teething? Tiredness? Tourette's? Normally I'd take them for a run for some air, but being that my foot is dumb we went for a drive. Literally before we pulled out of the driveway they were zonked. It went from screaming to silence in about 30 seconds. I got a coffee and drove around the countryside looking at cows and leaves, contemplating what kind of culinary adventure awaited us for dinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment