Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Our Boundaries, Our Eggshells

So, being that a certain member of my family is a toddler, we spend a lot of time discovering the boundaries of what is acceptable behavior and what isn't. 
On this particular day I was in the kitchen cooking and had a bunch of cracked eggshells in the trash. LittleBoy came up and started poking around in the trash, which I told him not to do. He then looked at me dead in the eye with a little smirk and wiggled one little finger around in the trash to test my response. 

I said, "LittleBoy, are you pushing your boundaries here?" He giggled and walked away for a bit.  
He quickly returned and started poking at the eggshells again. 
I said, "LittleBoy...What are you doing?"
He said, "Mummy - I want to touch my boundaries?"   
                                
                     Eggshells = Boundaries. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment