Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Government Shut Down

Really? 
Really?

This is unbelievably lame.  This is like two warring parents who are so selfish and really only hurting their children (the American people). I am not going to wax political here. It makes me sick and that is all I will say. I could go on for days, but I'd rather get on with the task at hand.

It seems to have stalled my posting, because, I am embarrassed to say, if the shutdown continues, I am not sure if I can justify the entry fee for the race. What? I haven't registered yet?!? I  know, I know....slacker procrastinator here. I have been glued to CNN all week.  Gross. But no income for the time being, although they guarantee back pay for furloughed employees, that's a well and good, but I can't really justify a $65 fee in the midst of all this madness.


THIS IS NOT A PITY PARTY. Not looking for help. Too damned self-reliant Yankee for that. These are just the facts of the situation. I am still training. I can run my own damn half marathon myself. I could afford it if I really wanted it, but in the light of the recent situation it seems rather frivolous for our budget. I like the excitement and camaraderie of a race. I also like looking up stats and times on coolrunnings. But honestly, this is about proving to myself that I can go the distance so I can go the distance on my own time in my own manner on my own route with my husband & kids cheering from the sidelines.  

Silver lining: Government shut down = more time to train! 
I enjoyed some really gorgeous autumn long, cool, crisp runs last week. 
Government can't shut THIS down, bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment